I am an author who writes gay romance. This blog celebrates men who love men.

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Beth D. Carter's new Biker Romance - Along Came Merrie



**Congrats to Sherry, who won my Colors of Us Blog Hop!

What would you like to tell readers about yourself?

            A long time ago, my husband-at-the-time got into riding Harleys.  I loved the exhilaration of being on the back of the bike. I had a jacket with red flames and our bike was painted cherry red.  I even took a three day course to get my motorcycle license, and I passed…even though I laid the bike down twice. 
            So when I write about what it feels like to be on a bike…I’m doing that from memory.








I love to hear from readers so I’ve made it really easy to find me on the web:
Amazon author page:



What book are you going to tell us about today? Is it part of a series? If so, what's the order the books should be read in?

            Along Came Merrie is the first book in the Red Wolves Motorcycle Club Series.  It’s what I would call the prequel to the Red Wolves trilogy.  It sets up this world and lead into the over-lining arc of the human trafficking story. 

            The series of the books, in order, are: Along Came Merrie, True North, When Dove Cries, and Lily Roar. 

            I’m also working on two follow-up books: Violent Delights and Violent Ends.

How'd you/your muse come up with this story?

            I love the tv shows Sons of Anarchy and Longmire, so my brain started to crossbreed the two.  I didn’t want to do the obvious, though.  One of the hardest things to deal with is the fact that the men are outlaw bikers.  On one hand you have to stay true to the ideas set forth for one percenters but on the other hand, it’s a story where the heroes needs to be redeemable.  On SOA, they’re gun runners, drug runners, and have no hesitation killing someone.  I decided to focus on a smaller club setting, more of a family.  The first book is pretty tame, but the following books are focused on human trafficking, so things escalate.

Who's your favorite character in the book & why?

I think my favorite is Leo, because he was interesting to write.  I had to do a lot of research on the Shoshone nation, so he came as the full package.  Back story, history, thoughts, feelings…he’s really the opposite of Braden, which makes them work well together.

What's your favorite line in the story?

Okay, this is two lines, and really doesn’t have anything to do with this story, but sets up nicely for the next book:  “I can’t imagine sharing a woman in a long-term relationship. A one-night stand, sure, but no woman is worth being in bed with another man’s junk for the long haul.”


BLURB

 Merrie Walden is in the wrong place at the wrong time.  She’s attacked by a vicious outlaw biker bent on shutting her up permanently when she sees something she shouldn’t, but luck is with her and she manages to escape by jumping out of a moving car.  She’s found by horse rancher Braden McClintock, who takes her to his adopted brother, Leo Cloud Dancer, for medical attention.

As she heals in the home of the two men, Merrie begins to realize that she’s falling for both of them.  Braden is taciturn while Leo is outgoing and both reach a deep seated need that she hadn’t even realized she had. 

But before she can figure out if they can share a happily ever after, she has to survive the biker who’s found out where she is.  Because even if she doesn’t know what she witnessed, he sure the hell does. 

And he wants her silent.


EXCERPT
She could see he wanted to believe her. But there was a world of hurt in his eyes that she didn’t know how to banish. Hopefully, time would help whittle away his insecurities.

He cupped her face. “You’re so young.”

“Not so young I haven’t lived,” she replied. “Not so young that I don’t know what I want.”

“Would you like to try to make this work between us?” he asked.

Once again, she looked between both men and read the sincerity in their gazes. Happiness swelled inside her as well as uncertainty. She’d never considered a ménage relationship and had no idea how to navigate the waters.

“Have you ever done this before?” she asked.

“No,” Leo said. “But learning is half the fun.”

Braden swung her up into his arms and she squealed with delight. She wrapped her arms around his neck. He marched up the stairs with Leo following. At the top, he hesitated and glanced at his brother.

“Mine,” Leo said. “I’ve got a king-size bed.”

Buy Link:

Early Download Available NOW! 

General Release is January 2, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment